Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Dublin

Sorry about the long break between posts! I've been busy in the best way, traveling literally every weekend. I'll start where I left off--going to Dublin. 

We got into Dublin late Thursday night and took a bus to our Airbnb. Only 3 of us went to the Airbnb because it was cheaper to tell them only 3 of us were staying there, so the other 2 of our group went to go find food. After our tour of the apartment, we went out to look for the rest of our group but ended up getting lost. We all made it back eventually and went to bed, ready for the next day to start. 

The next morning, we stopped off for breakfast before going to the Guinness tour. Irish breakfasts are actually great!

We then went to the Guinness factory, which was so cool!


 We got to learn all about the brewing process, from the hops to the barley to the fermentation to the advertising and selling. Not to mention taste tests of different types of Guinness, and learning how to pour the perfect pint and recognize the different flavors.

At the top of the factory is a bar that overlooks the entire city with 360 degree panoramic rooms. So fun to drink a pint you poured yourself and look over the city.


 After that, we went to go get food in the Temple Bar area, the most famous/touristy area in Dublin. It is filled with amazing bars that all have live music and some awesome restaurants. I got a delicious beef stew made with Guinness, with another pint of, you guessed it, Guinness.


 After that, we walked over to St. Patrick's Cathedral to look around, but we didn't want to pay money to go into a church.

 We later went back to Temple Bar to go to a bunch of bars. We probably saw 8 or 9 different music groups throughout the night, and they were so amazing. Dublin is such a fun city!

I would have loved to spend more time in Dublin, and on the coasts of Ireland, but we didn't have time to do everything. Dublin is on the list of places I want to go back to, as the city and culture were so amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment